So all last year I was courted by the American High School Theatre Festival, a wonderful organization that I might be in love with. Anyway, I sadly couldn’t apply to do the Festival last year, for the timing wasn’t great and the festival would happen while everyone was away in South Africa on the Choir trip.
But, now I’m putting my feelers out there, now I’m wondering…do people want to do this?
What Is AHSTF?
In 1994, the American High School Theatre Festival was developed with the help of high school and college drama professionals. Our festival is designed to complement high school drama programs and allow our nation’s drama students to showcase their skills within an international forum.
The American High School Theatre Festival runs in conjunction with the world-renowned Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the world’s largest performing arts festival- held each August in Edinburgh, Scotland. Top high school theatre programs are nominated by state, regional, and national theatre organizations, as well as university theatre professors, to participate in AHSTF.
Top high school programs are identified based on their most recent bodies of work, awards, community involvement, philosophies, and recommendations.
Those schools winning the honor to represent the United States in Edinburgh as part of AHSTF, participate in the following program:
The Journey Begins
- Round Trip Airfare
- Guided Tour of London on Chartered Motorcoach
- Two Nights London Accommodations
- Breakfast Daily
- West End Theatre Performance
- On-Site Staffing
- Private Chartered Train
from London to Edinburgh
- Tube/Bus Pass
The World Stage
- Half-day guided sightseeing in Edinburgh and full-day countryside trip on chartered motorcoaches
- Four Performance Slots at AHSTF’s International venue
- Two Meals Daily – On Site Staffing
- Professional Technical Support before and during the Fringe
- Ten Nights Accommodations in Edinburgh
- AHSTF Welcome Reception and post program Awards Ceremony
- Admission to Military Tattoo on the grounds of the Edinburgh Castle
So…thoughts? We’d have to raise money for traveling with sets and costumes and shipping everything over. But would people be interested? Should I apply? Comment with your thoughts!